Who is the "Chief" Here Anyway?

Nathan and I have been working together on a Drafting merit badge for Scouts over the past few months, which has been very fun.  I have enjoyed talking about something that interests me with my little brother and I think he liked getting to see a little bit of what I know how to do.  Anyways, for him to complete the merit badge, he measured out his bedroom, its furnishings, and drew up a plan to scale on graph paper.  While he and Pa were up at our house this weekend, he put the plan into CAD software (Chief Architect) to finish the requirements for the merit badge. 

We were almost finished with the room when I mentioned that we could add more details like his television, lamp, curtains, video game console, etc. if he wanted to.  Nate was having a good time and he had picked up using the software very quickly.  As he scrolled through the TV catalog in Chief Architect, the wall-mounted flat screen TVs appeared and his eyes grew very wide.  It was pretty obvious what was going to happen next, and I thought "what the heck - he's learning and enjoying himself - just go with the flow, Amy".

Yep, go with the flow indeed.  After giggling like children on a sugar-induced high for several minutes  and giving each other high fives, Nathan's bedroom ended up with a few improvements.  I even saw flashes of his HGTV education that Lydia and Pa have been instrumental in  due to his desire to change the colors of the finishes and fabrics to Pullman Greyhound blue and gray with complements of white and black.  (His explanation!)

I am so happy we got it done for him.  And I always love doing anything CAD or design related.  But I have to admit I enjoyed the time spent together with my awesome 15 year old brother the best of all!
 

posted under |

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Can we make a few improvements to my room while we're at it? Love to picture the two of you giggling together in my mind!

Amos said...

Absolutely! I do it my rooms all the time in my head and they look great. :) Although they change often.

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments